Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Fur-bruary 2: Cocoa The Miniature Gray Poodle





Photographed a few years back for a lovely elderly client who spent an awful lot of time primping and fluffing this fancy grey girl named Cocoa. I started painting her last year then stopped because I became increasingly frustrated with the design of her portrait. So, last night since I’ve already committed to 28 portraits I completed her in about an hour. Compared to the initial start of this portrait I spent 3 whole frustrated hours figuring her out. All the paintings are painted in procreate and I’m constantly learning about a new tool or a fancy new sophisticated way to speed things up. She has texture and depth to her fluffy curly wurly self. I’m loving this new rapid last minute speed paint. Happy with my results!

No comments:

Post a Comment