Monday, March 25, 2019

iPad Pro obsessed






                                           


I recently made a big purchase. Since I haven’t upgraded my computer in forever I figured it was time to invest in something worthwhile. At first sight it’s a pretty piece of technology. Shiny. Bright. Smooth. Fast. Big. And just a lovely work of art. And then you get to know the most important part of why most creative people like me buy this. The drawing part. The pen is not too slippery and not too grippy. It feels right. Sticks to it real good too. I’m a photographer. I know what I want something to look like. And the procreate app allows me to do just that. I feel like I’m on to something. So yesterday I spent literally all day (about 10 hours) drawing. Creating. Making stuff that is meaningful.  To me. I sketched, inked and painted so hard I had to switch hands just to complete a piece from my series I’m working on. Then I realized I can’t draw with my left hand. The top piece is the nearly final. The look and style I’m aiming at. As you can see from the 30 second speed drawing I need tons more practice with cat anatomy. No probs. This machine is my new sketchbook. But I’m pretty pleased with how this all turned out. 
 The iPadPro has literally changed my life. I’m now obsessed and excited about the projects I’m creating and what my mind can conjure up as I live with this new best friend. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment