Sunday, June 26, 2011

vintage pet


When I stumble across something unique and unusual from a thrift store/garage sale, I get all giddy on the inside. I spotted this magazine rack that screams 1960's vintage. And the scrap chair (it's a sewing chair-you store stuff under your butt!) that oozes with charm and character, these were all special finds from a thrift/gsale. Nothing I pay for ever goes over $10 or $20 dollars. I mean seriously, $2.00 for a vintage chair? I'll probably end up using it for portraits, an excellent contrast for people, old/new-so I don't expect to repair it-or re-purpose it. The seat area is scrap! And I love it! I'll store photo albums in the magazine rack-it's a wonderful display piece. I truly love items I discover, they have a hidden story about them. A mystery that I will never know about. I will photograph them with people and pets and carry on the mystery. It's magical to me. And the pups.

No comments:

Post a Comment