Monday, March 22, 2021

Your mindset during a move.




     
  
   Protecting plants and fragile item takes time and CARE! Don’t ever skimp!  



Kraft paper and lots of lil boxes is a must have for the plants!

Wrap it all just to be safe. Seriously. You will not regret. 

Saran Shrink Wrap from ALDI is a must have for the breakables!


My ultimate plan was to buy a house when my lease on my apartment was up April 1 2021. It was serious and then prices skyrocketed. I said-no thanks I’m not over paying 30k for a house. So in January this year I knew I needed to find a new home. Purged 3 carloads in January-one was full of clothes that was donated to the open door mission. The second and third load went to hand me ups charity. I went apartment touring to 4 different locations and finally settled on the fourth one. I’ve lived in a 3000sf house 3 bathroom, this 1100sf apartment -2 bathroom and soon in 3 days I’m completely downsized to 700sf with only one bathroom to clean. Yes please.
 I’m moving from a super icky brown town (carpet and walls ugh) for 3.5 years- to a brand new super gray and black and white (walls and wood floor yay) smaller, cheaper that has a spectacular (wooded area) view. My home will be my art studio.
For 3 months my mind has been in move mode. Purging, donating, simplifying, deep cleaning and collecting bubble and boxes. Nothing creative-which irritates me more than anything. But I just take a deep breath. Think of the future. And then move on. My motivation and creative energy will reappear once I’m all settled. The studio will happen this weekend. I cannot wait. 






No comments:

Post a Comment