Friday, April 28, 2017

Vintage Brown Leather Shoulder Bag Harold's Made in Italy Fully Restored






Most things on my to do list I do myself such as install light fixtures and mowing my own grass. No probs. On one occasion I pulled a wee bit too hard on my beautiful vintage handbag and tore the square sides that secure the straps. Oops. So I thought that maybe with a little super glue, I could repair this guy. Not so fast. Requires commercial machines and SUPER thread from the talented people at Caniglia's shoe Repair. The close up shot of the leather 'square' on both sides of the strap has been repaired. I'm very happy that I'm able to use my handsome bag once again. A thrift store find for $14.99 plus $25 for the repair is a small price to pay for a gorgeous everyday bag I'm in love with. I'm not interested in designer bags. I love charm and character that comes from a vintage bag that has been used and abused from another time and place. Harold's in Italy does a fine job in my book. Vintage love.

No comments:

Post a Comment