Thursday, April 13, 2017

New Fiddle Leaf Fig Ficus Tropical Plant who lives in Lovely Vintage MCM Planter






This handsome guy was propagated from a leaf cutting about 4 years ago. The first year he looked like he wasn't going to survive in a cup of water. The second year, still struggling to grow, I stuck him in a pile of soil in this lovely vintage MCM planter that was found at another garage sale for a dollar. The crack on the side doesn't bother me at all. It's a perfect size pot for this little guy. Then on the third year FINALLY some new growth was emerging and boy was it thrilling! Slow but thrilling. Seriously. He has this internal clock I believe that tells him every year in the month of March only, I shall grow big and strong. Two weeks ago 3 new leaves popped. And I see another one happening now. He is now about 30" tall. Each leaf grouping is about 8-10". I get the obsession people have with this plant. It's sculptural and architectural. It transforms a blah home into a beyond amazing green home. Interior designers are nuts about this tropical plant in every pinterest pic. I learned that it takes years to get him to grow unless you own a greenhouse. Which most people don't. Bright indirect sunlight with a bit of that SUPERTHRIVE every spring season is the trick. I waited patiently for him to grow into the handsome plant that he is becoming. Fiddle leaf. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment