Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Antique Craftsman Mission Rocking Chair Restoration Project Finally Complete


A gift from my Gaga many years ago. Discovered at a junkyard and needed some repair. I've researched copies of this chair on google just so I can date this guy and learn a thing or two about him. EBay has a few similar and you can certainly order a brand new one Wayfair or Hayneedle. In any case, I spent last year dusting, cleaning, sanding, puttying, sanding, puttying and staining until he looked pretty fine. Used an outdoor seat cushion and sewed a temporary cover. I will change the fabric up because I want something bright. Thinking denim blue. With a bigger Aztec type or modern geometric Marimekko ish pillow. I'm no expert but I feel good about this project. So does Rummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment