Monday, September 17, 2012

Pet Photography Workshop with Tina Gunn

ISO 800, F1.8,1/640, 50mm

ISO 800, F2.8, 1/1000, 50mm

ISO 200, F5.6, 1/125, 50mm

ISO 800, F2.5, 1/5000, 50mm

ISO200, F5.6, 1/125, 50mm
I had the privilege of attending a pet photography workshop at Rockbrook Camera with the talented and sweet Tina Gunn. I signed up because I wanted to gain a little more knowledge from a professional PET photographer and meet other PET PEOPLE who are interested in the same thing that I am interested in-photographing pets. The technical aspect was a good brush up, like forcing myself to use less of ap/sh priority mode and much more manual mode (duh). And working with Photogenic studio lights and the use a MONSTER size umbrella diffuser (that thing is mean!) was very new to me as I shoot with natural window light and on location. Tina brought her extremely well behaved models Charlie the handsome Chihuahua and a Sphinx cat (post cat images later). The whole time Charlie is paying close attention to his mommy and that's fine cause it's all about finding a great location with awesome lighting. I love the indoor/outdoor natural light shots, but the studio artificial light shots came out pretty good as well imo. I'm glad I got to experience this seminar and meet with a professional pet photographer who loves to capture beautiful images of pets as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment