Thursday, July 7, 2011

Contimplating copyspace

So I've been behind my camera(s) a lot lately and the more I shoot the more I am aware of my surroundings. Photographing is all about involvement. Utter engagement. Total focus(sorry about the pun). And some SERIOUS deep thoughtfulness. I am ultimately creating a piece of art that will eventually be displayed on a wall to just simply look at. That's what art is. You dwell and just look at it deeply and soak it in to figure out (sometimes) what the hell was that artist thinking when they created that piece? Good or bad. You love it or hate it. It has feeling and moves you. Okay, enough deep crp. Sorry. What I am trying to say about this particular image is copy space. Yes, for stock art. I am building a portfolio of stock art to sell to people and business's across the world who need photographs for their projects. Big or small. Copy space on an image is crucial. It's that negative space on an image so the business can add their logo/lettering/info- seen in brochures. If you can pull it off nicely-it's beautiful. And this image has it (except I need to clone out the lettering on the bridge-oops) no problem though. Easy fix. I like the sweet and summer look she has. Teenage summer fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment