Saturday, August 1, 2009

Noses and Paws






So I was shooting my pets once again and the focus was the parts of the dog that we love so much. Noses and paws. There is so much detail found on a dogs nose. And I try to emphasize that in these shots. Colorful, wet, stinky and in your business all the time! The paws are another fascinating part, 'cookie dough paws' is the name of one and 'tarantula paws' for the other friend. Worn out shoes and they smell like Fritos corn chips (or Skateland). My lens that I use, 40-150mm, does a 'good' job except for I'm finding out more and more that it's too slow, and the apperture is not big enough!! At a focal length of 150mm, I can only use a 5.6. I work in low light conditions alot and it just drives me MAD! But I have to learn to live with it for a little while longer. I'll upgrade soon enough. As far as the image comp goes, I spend a lot of time messing with the white balance and exposure so much that I forget about stray hairs(fur) that can be distracting sometimes. But after a bit since this is for my purpose only, I'm ok with it, I could clean it up more in post processing but it makes it look more authentic. Fur everywhere! You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment