Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Home sweet home



My first attempt at drawing and painting my 'ideal' home. Both are done in Painter 8 . My inspiration came from John K's 'Ren and Stimpy Show'. My all-time favorite cartoon in the world. (Yes, I know it's 'animated', calling it a cartoon does not give it any less credit.) In fact, anything that is drawn is pretty much influenced by John K. Anyway, these are painted on a Sony tablet PC. Hard to believe it still works after 8(!!) years!! Strictly for drawing and painting. It's frustratingly slow, but this is what I will use to practice on until I invest in more efficient technology. I'm saving.... I like my first version(yellow home) I did back in May, better than the second one I drew last night. Sketching modern and traditional homes is something I'm quite interested in lately. Especially in a cartoonish sort of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment