Saturday, August 24, 2024

August dog drawing/painting challenge!

Scottish Deerhound 

Kooikerhondje 

Stabyhoun

Kuvasz

Lancashire Heeler
I took on a challenge this entire month of August where you draw (paint) a different doggie dog every day - or follow the daily prompts from the instagram Doggust 2024 challenge list. I have never even heard of most of these breeds and some are pretty wackadoodle to draw! To be able to focus like a laser and choose to draw daily was never a chore for me. I draw, paint, (digitally and traditionally) as much as I can squeeze in daily. Not to mention sorting and editing through my designs for print and products for my shop for hours every day. Sometimes I feel like I’m running behind on all art projects. Because I had a late start in this digital art drawing (I’m going on my sixth year soon!) I’m always in a hurry to complete art projects. This year I have painted so much and now I’m finally documenting it in my shop and Instagram also have queued up vids for YouTube to elevate that channel. But dogs have been the focus this month for a personal goal to level up my skills (paw studies) some of these designs will eventually become prints and naturally a calendar for 2025 which I’m obsessed with and this is now a tradition (cats tooooo!). And I feel the need to design a puzzle - random interest I know. 31dog drawings in August has taught me to develop my sense of style and look that I feel pretty good about. I am running out of time so I’m making the most out of it and everything I draw matters. Dogs are my therapy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment